Monday, July 31, 2017

Miracles in Royal Palm Beach

Hi Fam!

I really focused on sharing my testimony of the Savior and His gospel with everybody we talked to this week, and we saw some pretty cool miracles!

Since this is a five week transfer, I went on two full day exchanges this week. We exchanged with Wellington and Palm Beach North, but sadly it wasn't the Lord's will for me to go to my old areas. The first exchange was with Sister Oliverson. She's the sister that Sister Garlick trained right before I came! I felt a little weird since she's been on her mission longer than me, but she is literally so sweet. I love her determination and pure joy in doing the work! I may be the leader, but I definitely learned a ton from her. We were able to go teach J.O., the excommunicated man, together and commit him to read the Book of Mormon every day. That book is powerful, folks.

Two days later I went on an exchange with Sister Ricardo, my MTC comp! It was crazy and so fun to be back with her. I couldn't believe how much we've both grown and changed since the MTC! We went to the wilderness of Loxahatchee and met a super cool woman named Jackie! Apparently Jackie and her husband met missionaries 41 years ago when they were first married. We got to know her and she was sharing her experiences with feeling the Spirit and being lead by God. We felt prompted to teach her about the Plan of Salvation and it made so much sense to her. Some people are way thrown off by the Spirit world and the three kingdoms, but she told us about a dream she'd had about her family and said it fit perfectly with the Spirit world. Sister Cottrell and I went back on Sunday and taught her about the Priesthood and the Restoration. She's praying to understand more!

One funny story, on Friday we didn't have a meal appointment, so Sister Ricardo and I decided to make fancy macaroni and cheese that I bought at Walmart. It went great! There were a couple burned black flakes that boiled with our noodles because cooking utensils in missionary houses are never that great. The gross part happened when Sister Ricardo pulled out bowls and we found cockroach poop in our cupboard and in the bowls! Cockroach poop is really small and black. It almost looks like chia seeds. We were super disgusted, but we just washed the bowls and started eating our macaroni. About half way through my bowl, I remembered the black things floating in the water with the macaroni noodles...So yeah, I'm pretty sure we ate macaroni boiled with cockroach poop.

Let me just tell you about the cool peeps we're teaching!

June-We met her on Monday night when we were knocking! She's from China and has lived in the US for 5 years. She said no to a prayer, but asked us how she could become a Christian. We were able to teach her about the Restoration and I've never had someone listen so attentively. It was surprisingly challenging to teach someone who has no background in God or Christ, but she's doing so awesome. We're bringing her a Chinese BoM tonight!

Rachel and Zan- They're the 9 and 15 year old daughters of a former investigator. We met their dad, and he wasn't super interested, but then Rachel scheduled her own return appointment with us. We've taught them a few lessons and they came to church yesterday! Zan is quiet but she's totally loving everything.

Anyway, the work is going well and I'm extremely grateful for my calling as a missionary. I love you all!

Love,
Sister Peterson

Our last picture with Carmen and our friendship bracelets!

Exhanges

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.