Monday, July 24, 2017

Exchanges for Dayzz

Hello Trolley People! (Princess Diaries, anyone?)

Well anyway, this week has been super fun! First of all, shoutout to my comp Sister Cottrell. She is so awesome and we're basically best friends. I'm so grateful for her!

This week I went on four exchanges. We did 3 fire exchanges (which means that we go and knock doors with the sisters for an hour in their area) and a full day exchange. I got to knock with Sister Ricardo, my MTC comp, and Sister Davis, who was in my MTC District! It was so fun to be reunited and see how much we've all grown. I also got to knock with Sister Wingert, who came out a year ago, went home, and just came back. I am so humbled to be trusted to love and work with these great sisters!

I went on a full day exchange with Sister A. Davis and got to spend the day in Stuart! Sister Davis is finishing her training this transfer, so she was very nervous to take over the area. She did so well! We got caught in crazy rain and realized that they didn't have any umbrellas in their car, so we visited people soaked. People definitely thought we were crazy, but we just told them, "The Lord's work doesn't stop!" #positivityforthewin #attitudematters I also got to give my first comp study, which is like a mini training specifically for the sister you're on exchanges with. It was kind of stressful to come up with a training for her, but I know that the Lord's hand was in it.

After church on Sunday Sister Cottrell and I got to say hi to some of the members of the Wellington ward, since they are coming out of Sacrament meeting as we're leaving to go home. (Fun Fact: All of the sisters living in our house have served or are serving in Wellington!) It was great to see a couple members I was close with and GUIDO! We took a picture :) He was so proud to tell me about how he blessed the sacrament and he is just beaming. The Gospel is so good!

Also after church, the nonmember husband of an active member called us over. We were very surprised to see him there, since he was excommunicated by choice when he was 17. With tears in his eyes, he told us he was working hard to come back and wanted us to teach him. It's amazing to see how the Lord softens people's hearts! I'm really looking forward to helping him find his testimony again.

As far as investigators go, we don't really have anyone we're working with, but we did have one pretty cool experience with a less active family. We knocked on the door and the dad invited us right in. We were pretty pumped until he started "asking" questions with the intent of confounding us. I testified that I know this is the true church of Jesus Christ, the one way to have the happiness and peace our Father in Heaven wants for us, and that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. The Spirit was so strong in that room. He may have denied it, but it only strengthened my testimony of this wonderful Gospel.

I love you all! Don't forget that the Gospel is true!

Love,
Sister Peterson


Sister Davis!

With Guido and the Masons :)


Blurry picture with an intense Florida sunset, taken by my comp from the car




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.