Monday, July 17, 2017

Chillin' in RPB

Well, this week has been CRAZY. I don't even know what to say. I got to spend my last few days in Boca Raton with Sister Johnson. We were able to get Carmen to meet us at the church so we could say goodbye and she could see a baptism! She ended up having to leave before the baptism, but she made us care packages and gave us bracelets made from spoons from the 1930s! She's so cute and I miss her so much. She's getting ready to head to Oregon and I hope the missionaries and members will take good care of her there. Katherine and Logan, our golden couple, have been passed off to the hands of Sister Cohen and Sister Almeida. 

I was totally overwhelmed when I walked back into the Wellington house. I lived there for four months, loved the people, and gave everything I had to the work and to the Lord. Now I have the opportunity to work with the people in Royal Palm Beach and see the fruits of my labors from "over the fence." I got to see Guido and Kyle yesterday and it made me so happy! Guido looks like a different man since his baptism. The power of the Atonement is so real! I also got to see some of my favorite members. I'm so grateful for the time I had to serve in Wellington!

My new companion is Sister Cottrell. She is from Dallax, TX! So I was incredibly excited about that because of my lovely hermana, Kim. She's super funny and super sarcastic, so we get along swimmingly. She goes home after this transfer, so that's fun. We've already been able to teach a few people together and we've had a grand old time.

I go to go on my first exchange as an STL! It was just an hour of knocking with a different sister, but it was cool to feel the Lord's love for her. I know that my responsibility as an STL is primarily to love the sisters, and that is something I can do! I'm excited to learn more and more about what my responsibilities are and what the Lord has in store for me.

Here's one crazy tender mercy I saw in my new area happened at dinner last night. We were eating with a family that is relatively new to the ward, the Lewis family, so both Sister Cottrell and I were excited to get to know them better. The opened the door and I heard a man say, "It IS Sister Peterson!" I was really confused until I saw Sister Mendenhall stand up and she ran over and hugged me! The Mendenhalls are a family that I worked with in Palm Beach North that were less-active, but now both have callings and have been sealed to their adopted daughter in the temple! The Mendenhalls, especially Sister Mendenhall, were some of my very favorite people in Palm Beach. Apparently Brother Mendenhall is Sister Lewis's brother! It was completely unexpected and such a tender mercy. It was such a confirmation that Heavenly Father knows me, He loves me, and He needs me to be in Royal Palm Beach right now.

I love the work, the Lord, and all of you!

Love,
Sister Peterson

I'm so sorry I forgot to include the address of the Wellington house!
488 Golden Wood Way
Wellington, FL 33414


I finally got a picture with Carmen!

Sister Johnson and I with Shelley, a returning member.

Snickers knows what's up.

Sister Cottrell! 

I loved this bridge so much, so we finally took a picture with it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.